Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm a counsellor having difficulty choosing my new office...?

I am a counsellor with 3 young kids. I work part time so I can be home for the kids. I have a lot of student loans. My office building is being torn down and I have to find a new place to work. I have been in my current office for 5 years. It is run-down but rent is cheap ($900 per month). I have to choose between a more run-down building for $900 per month or working in a mall medical office ($1300 to $1500 per month). I am afraid that I will not be able to cover my overhead in the more expensive place, but I am also afraid that I will alienate clients who will not want to come to a scarier building. I have scoured the city for available options and there is only a 0.5% vacancy rate, so there is not much available. I have to be fairly central as many clients come on the bus. The mall recently had a mouse problem, but they say it is ok now.

No comments:

Post a Comment