Monday, July 11, 2011

HELP! I've been in Atlanta for a whole month and can't get hired! I'm even trying grocery stores!?

Okay. I'm a licensed esthetician and I've visited every company website within a walking/bussing radius of my apartment in Buckhead since arriving here to join by boyfriend last month. I have 3.5 years of experience and left a job as the lead esthetician at a four diamond resort to come here. I also have hosted at restaurants, worked as a title processor, salon receptionist, retail sales associate, art instructor, and of course i am definitely making sure this experience is reflected in my resume. Yet I am at a loss. I obtained my Georgia esthetics license prior to arriving. After scouring all of the positions available in Atlanta area spas, I ended up hand-delivering and emailing my resume to EVERY day spa, hotel spa, etc. within my area so that they have my information when something becomes available. Then i started looking for open positions and leaving applications on file with anyone and everyone. We're talking bussing tables, retail, receptionist, Target!! I have no pride issues at all, I just want a job! I stalk every single website daily and apply to any new listings i see that i think i may be qualified for. I am unfortunately without a car and so everything has to be walkable or bussable. The only thing i have wondered is if the job market is extra competitive out here. Does anyone have some insight about this city, or why it's so challenging to get an interview?

No comments:

Post a Comment